Skip to main content

Rest for your Soul

As i mentioned in one of  the first posts, I want this blog to be a place where you can find rest for your soul, just as Matthew 11:28-30 says. So today I wanted to talk about finding rest for your soul. This week the verse below has been popping up a lot, especially the part that says--"Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls."--Matthew 11:29. Rest for your soul. That is what we find when we spend time with God. We find the comfort and rest that we so desperately need. When we take the time to rest our souls in him, that is where we feel most at home.  When I dig into the word before bed each night, that is where I find my rest. In the words that God uses to encourage me and shape me into the godly women that he wants me to be. 

 I read a devotional recently that said this--"I find rest under Your care because when I am with You I am at home. Your care is my homestead. Under Your watch I come alive. I breathe. Fear cannot exist in Your presence and, without fear, my life sits at holy rest"-- by Sara at Every Bitter Thing is Sweet, You Shepherd me

So i encourage you to find that rest in the comfort of his word and the gentleness of his arms. Rest your weary soul..

“Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest.  Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.  For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.” ---Matthew 11:28-30

Rest your weary soul in this song--Come to me by Jadon Lavik 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

1 Year of Ministry Giveaway.

Since we turned one Year Old This week, we are celebrating with a Giveaway. We have teamed up with one of our monthly contributors Charity at the Word of a Nerd to bring you some awesome prizes, which are: Ann Voskamp's 1,000 Gifts and a $25.00 target gift card, 15.00 Starbucks gift card, and a Medium Sized Ad on the Word a Nerd!  So be sure to enter using the raffle copter below, you have until next Thursday! a Rafflecopter giveaway

Paypal Cash Giveaway!

Founders Note: Today we have teamed up with Beth over at Oak and Oats for her 26th Birthday pay pal cash Giveaway! We are so excited to be apart of this, So be sure to enter below for a chance to win! hello sweet readers! today i have something BIG for you! you probably already guessed it buy the title of this post and the giant picture of my cupcake & my face, but tomorrow i am turning 26!!! in honor of such a momentous occasion, i joined up with some lovely ladies to give you the chance to win $250 cash! as i thought about what i wanted to do, i wanted to find a way to celebrate with all of you because you are a huge part of my life. think of this as a party where you are all invited over to my house, you get to meet new friends, chat about, and then one of you gets to walk away with the ultimate party favor - two fifty bucks (because i don't want to be the only one getting gifts today!). THANK YOU TO ALL THESE LADIES WHO ARE HELPING ME WITH THE PARTY!!!  Brynne of...

Currently Vol. 7

HEARTING:  The new cookbooks and baking books i got for Christmas this year. I made chocolate cupcakes with salted caramel frosting out  of Homemade Decadence by Joy the baker and they were so good!  READING: Catching up on some of my favorite blogs: Oh Simple Thoughts , Wetherills say I Do , and Dearest Love . Also reading the She Reads Truth Esther study.  PINNING: I pinned these cranberry white chocolate oatmeal cookies and i can't wait to make them this weekend! So there may be a recipe on the blog next week!  EATING: I made tomatoe basil soup for my friends and I the other night. It was so good and they loved it as well, which was a plus.  I just finished it yesterday.  ANTICIPATING: Going home for spring break in March, it will be nice to be home for a week. And maybe Valentines day cause it will be an excuse to eat chocolate.  LiINKING UP WITH: Jenna and Anne for their currently linkup ...

Currently Vol: 1

Today I am linking up again with Jenna of Dearest Love and Ann of In Residence for their currently linkup. You can read my post from last time here on my personal blog , then go over to Jenna or Anne's blog and linkup your post! I usually linkup with my personal blog but I figured I would change it up a bit and also add a bit of variety to the Quiet Place. So here's what I'm currently writing, anticipating, wearing, craving, missing, and encouraged by. Writing: a ton of notes, cause I am currently in Grad school. Anticipating : Fall. I love how the leaves change and temperatures get cooler. Although, It's been pretty hot here in Virginia this week, so hopefully the fall weather will come soon! Wearing:  I have been loving my "love Michigan" t-shirt lately, it reminds me of home every time I wear it and I'm loving this fall outfit that I found on pinterest. I am hoping i can recreate it. Craving: these crispy fried chicken sliders with bu...

A Note to Bloggers

Founders Note: Today on the blog we have one of our awesome monthly contributors and one of my dear blogging friends Kiki. Today she is sharing her heart on this months theme Rest, which if you didn't know ties right in with our mission statement of "Encouraging young women to find rest in God". So, go curl up in your favorite spot and be encouraged by her words. As bloggers, it's easy to feel the need to stay connected and constantly check, check, check. There's often a lot of pressure on bloggers (and non-bloggers alike) to stay up-to-date so we often mindlessly scroll through our feeds on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, and the like. We have to read each post our friends publish and comment, comment, comment. We have to post at certain times to get the most likes and we have to send out those emails stat. And I'm not accusing you or any other blogger out there because I find myself doing that very thing more often than not. We like to keep busy and bu...