Skip to main content

Devotional Monday: He Puts our Hearts to Rest

Romans 8:27 says, " And he who searches our hearts knows the mind of the Spirit, because the Spirit intercedes for God’s people in accordance with the will of God". When I read this verse, the first part of it tugged at my heart. It says--"And he who searches our hearts knows the mind of the Spirit", God searches our hearts and he knows exactly the plan that he has for us. He knows exactly what we need, when we need it. He always meets us right where we are at no matter what we are going through. Hebrews 4:10-11(The message) says it best when it comes to putting our heart to rest in God and trusting the plans that he has for us. It says-- "And so this is still a live promise. It wasn't canceled at the time of Joshua; otherwise, God wouldn't keep renewing the appointment for “today.” The promise of “arrival” and “rest” is still there for God’s people. God himself is at rest. And at the end of the journey we’ll surely rest with God. So let’s keep at it and eventually arrive at the place of rest, not drop out through some sort of disobedience."  That's right sisters, God promises arrival and rest for each and every one us. He searches our hearts so that we can ultimately rest them in his the palm of his hands and let him take the pen for our life. When we come home at the end of the day,  in him is where we should rest. Just as the second part of the verse says, And at the end of the journey we'll surely rest with God. So let's keep at it and eventually arrive at the place of rest" So sisters remember that when your struggling, feeling down, or just plain stressed, remember to put your heart to rest in God. And find the rest that we all so desperately need in him. Rest your heart in his love and in his word, let them be a sanctuary for your soul. Just as a song that we sing at my church says--"Lord Prepare me to be a sanctuary, pure and holy, tried and true. With thanksgiving I'll be a living sanctuary for you". Rest your heart my dear sisters as you go throughout your week.
Check out the song here---Sanctuary

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

1 Year of Ministry Giveaway.

Since we turned one Year Old This week, we are celebrating with a Giveaway. We have teamed up with one of our monthly contributors Charity at the Word of a Nerd to bring you some awesome prizes, which are: Ann Voskamp's 1,000 Gifts and a $25.00 target gift card, 15.00 Starbucks gift card, and a Medium Sized Ad on the Word a Nerd!  So be sure to enter using the raffle copter below, you have until next Thursday! a Rafflecopter giveaway

Paypal Cash Giveaway!

Founders Note: Today we have teamed up with Beth over at Oak and Oats for her 26th Birthday pay pal cash Giveaway! We are so excited to be apart of this, So be sure to enter below for a chance to win! hello sweet readers! today i have something BIG for you! you probably already guessed it buy the title of this post and the giant picture of my cupcake & my face, but tomorrow i am turning 26!!! in honor of such a momentous occasion, i joined up with some lovely ladies to give you the chance to win $250 cash! as i thought about what i wanted to do, i wanted to find a way to celebrate with all of you because you are a huge part of my life. think of this as a party where you are all invited over to my house, you get to meet new friends, chat about, and then one of you gets to walk away with the ultimate party favor - two fifty bucks (because i don't want to be the only one getting gifts today!). THANK YOU TO ALL THESE LADIES WHO ARE HELPING ME WITH THE PARTY!!!  Brynne of...

Currently Vol. 7

HEARTING:  The new cookbooks and baking books i got for Christmas this year. I made chocolate cupcakes with salted caramel frosting out  of Homemade Decadence by Joy the baker and they were so good!  READING: Catching up on some of my favorite blogs: Oh Simple Thoughts , Wetherills say I Do , and Dearest Love . Also reading the She Reads Truth Esther study.  PINNING: I pinned these cranberry white chocolate oatmeal cookies and i can't wait to make them this weekend! So there may be a recipe on the blog next week!  EATING: I made tomatoe basil soup for my friends and I the other night. It was so good and they loved it as well, which was a plus.  I just finished it yesterday.  ANTICIPATING: Going home for spring break in March, it will be nice to be home for a week. And maybe Valentines day cause it will be an excuse to eat chocolate.  LiINKING UP WITH: Jenna and Anne for their currently linkup ...

Currently Vol: 1

Today I am linking up again with Jenna of Dearest Love and Ann of In Residence for their currently linkup. You can read my post from last time here on my personal blog , then go over to Jenna or Anne's blog and linkup your post! I usually linkup with my personal blog but I figured I would change it up a bit and also add a bit of variety to the Quiet Place. So here's what I'm currently writing, anticipating, wearing, craving, missing, and encouraged by. Writing: a ton of notes, cause I am currently in Grad school. Anticipating : Fall. I love how the leaves change and temperatures get cooler. Although, It's been pretty hot here in Virginia this week, so hopefully the fall weather will come soon! Wearing:  I have been loving my "love Michigan" t-shirt lately, it reminds me of home every time I wear it and I'm loving this fall outfit that I found on pinterest. I am hoping i can recreate it. Craving: these crispy fried chicken sliders with bu...

A Note to Bloggers

Founders Note: Today on the blog we have one of our awesome monthly contributors and one of my dear blogging friends Kiki. Today she is sharing her heart on this months theme Rest, which if you didn't know ties right in with our mission statement of "Encouraging young women to find rest in God". So, go curl up in your favorite spot and be encouraged by her words. As bloggers, it's easy to feel the need to stay connected and constantly check, check, check. There's often a lot of pressure on bloggers (and non-bloggers alike) to stay up-to-date so we often mindlessly scroll through our feeds on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, and the like. We have to read each post our friends publish and comment, comment, comment. We have to post at certain times to get the most likes and we have to send out those emails stat. And I'm not accusing you or any other blogger out there because I find myself doing that very thing more often than not. We like to keep busy and bu...