Skip to main content

God's Love

Founders Note: Today on the blog we have one of our monthly contributors Kiki, she is sharing her heart on this months theme God's love. Find out more about her on our about page here. loveday  

Sometimes I think that the definition of love is romance. You know, holding hands at sunset, and kisses at the doorstep and love notes written on crumpled pieces of paper. And then I start to think that I don't know love. Or I've never experienced it. Or perhaps that I never will.   But every time my mind goes down that road, God uses a song, a Bible reading, or a blogger to remind me that love really isn't that. And that I do know what love is and feels like. 

Sure, there are different way of showing love, but true love is about, well, love. About kindness, forgiveness, loyalty, and hope. It's about Him and realizing that He is the best example of love. God's sacrifice, His willingness to give up His only son for our sins, that's what true love is. Some people refer to Christ as the definition of love. And to me, that's exactly what we should celebrate on Valentine's Day.

So on my twenty-hundreth Valentine's Day as a singleton, I'm convinced that celebrating love is something that we all can celebrate. The couples, the singletons, and the somewhere-in-betweeners, alike. Because true love isn't about Cupid, red roses, and candlelight dinners. It's about Him. "Love is patient and kind. Love is not jealous or boastful or proud or rude. It does not demand its own way. It is not irritable, and it keeps no record of being wronged. It does not rejoice about injustice but rejoices whenever the truth wins out. Love never gives up, never loses faith, is always hopeful, and endures through every circumstance." 1 Corinthians 13:4-8

Comments

  1. You are right.. we can look around forever and still we wouldn't find a love greater than that of our God's.. God Bless You...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Pleasant words are like honeycomb, sweet to the soul and healing to the bones. Proverbs 16:24

Popular posts from this blog

1 Year of Ministry Giveaway.

Since we turned one Year Old This week, we are celebrating with a Giveaway. We have teamed up with one of our monthly contributors Charity at the Word of a Nerd to bring you some awesome prizes, which are: Ann Voskamp's 1,000 Gifts and a $25.00 target gift card, 15.00 Starbucks gift card, and a Medium Sized Ad on the Word a Nerd!  So be sure to enter using the raffle copter below, you have until next Thursday! a Rafflecopter giveaway

Paypal Cash Giveaway!

Founders Note: Today we have teamed up with Beth over at Oak and Oats for her 26th Birthday pay pal cash Giveaway! We are so excited to be apart of this, So be sure to enter below for a chance to win! hello sweet readers! today i have something BIG for you! you probably already guessed it buy the title of this post and the giant picture of my cupcake & my face, but tomorrow i am turning 26!!! in honor of such a momentous occasion, i joined up with some lovely ladies to give you the chance to win $250 cash! as i thought about what i wanted to do, i wanted to find a way to celebrate with all of you because you are a huge part of my life. think of this as a party where you are all invited over to my house, you get to meet new friends, chat about, and then one of you gets to walk away with the ultimate party favor - two fifty bucks (because i don't want to be the only one getting gifts today!). THANK YOU TO ALL THESE LADIES WHO ARE HELPING ME WITH THE PARTY!!!  Brynne of...

Currently Vol. 7

HEARTING:  The new cookbooks and baking books i got for Christmas this year. I made chocolate cupcakes with salted caramel frosting out  of Homemade Decadence by Joy the baker and they were so good!  READING: Catching up on some of my favorite blogs: Oh Simple Thoughts , Wetherills say I Do , and Dearest Love . Also reading the She Reads Truth Esther study.  PINNING: I pinned these cranberry white chocolate oatmeal cookies and i can't wait to make them this weekend! So there may be a recipe on the blog next week!  EATING: I made tomatoe basil soup for my friends and I the other night. It was so good and they loved it as well, which was a plus.  I just finished it yesterday.  ANTICIPATING: Going home for spring break in March, it will be nice to be home for a week. And maybe Valentines day cause it will be an excuse to eat chocolate.  LiINKING UP WITH: Jenna and Anne for their currently linkup ...

Currently Vol: 1

Today I am linking up again with Jenna of Dearest Love and Ann of In Residence for their currently linkup. You can read my post from last time here on my personal blog , then go over to Jenna or Anne's blog and linkup your post! I usually linkup with my personal blog but I figured I would change it up a bit and also add a bit of variety to the Quiet Place. So here's what I'm currently writing, anticipating, wearing, craving, missing, and encouraged by. Writing: a ton of notes, cause I am currently in Grad school. Anticipating : Fall. I love how the leaves change and temperatures get cooler. Although, It's been pretty hot here in Virginia this week, so hopefully the fall weather will come soon! Wearing:  I have been loving my "love Michigan" t-shirt lately, it reminds me of home every time I wear it and I'm loving this fall outfit that I found on pinterest. I am hoping i can recreate it. Craving: these crispy fried chicken sliders with bu...

A Note to Bloggers

Founders Note: Today on the blog we have one of our awesome monthly contributors and one of my dear blogging friends Kiki. Today she is sharing her heart on this months theme Rest, which if you didn't know ties right in with our mission statement of "Encouraging young women to find rest in God". So, go curl up in your favorite spot and be encouraged by her words. As bloggers, it's easy to feel the need to stay connected and constantly check, check, check. There's often a lot of pressure on bloggers (and non-bloggers alike) to stay up-to-date so we often mindlessly scroll through our feeds on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, and the like. We have to read each post our friends publish and comment, comment, comment. We have to post at certain times to get the most likes and we have to send out those emails stat. And I'm not accusing you or any other blogger out there because I find myself doing that very thing more often than not. We like to keep busy and bu...